This is a great dish to make for a brunch. It travels well and can be eaten at room temperature too. There are many recipes like this one online but I adapted mine to be gluten free. There is no flour in this at all. I use gluten free oats as the binder.
1 10oz box frozen spinach
1/2 cup ricotta cheese
1/4 cup milk (I use almond milk)
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
Grated fresh nutmeg
1/4 cup quick cooking GF oats (or you can also pulse rolled oats in the food processor to break them up... do not grind as fine as flour)
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup light jarlsberg grated
1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese grated
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8" x 8" pan.
- Place box of spinach on a microwave safe dish or bowl and cook on high for 4 minutes. Drain thawed spinach and squeeze dry.
- Whisk together eggs, sour cream, milk, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Add flour and baking powder and mix well with the whisk to get all lumps out.
- Fold in spinach and cheeses.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for 30-40 minutes until middle starts to puff up and turn light golden brown. This will happen first around the edges of the pan. Wait for the middle to puff up as well.
- Let cool in pan before cutting into squares. Enjoy!