Sunday, July 15, 2018

Maggie the Eighth

Painting of Maggie signed, framed and delivered to the Bubers this week
One month as a retired art teacher. Thirty days. I have to be thankful that each day has been filled with things to occupy my mind and has kept me physically moving. Zach and Michele are officially engaged and a date is set for their wedding. I bravely faced retirement with a rush of emotions and busy work. I cleared out the overstuffed basement to make room for more stuff, hosted barbecues to welcome in the summer with friends, completed two paintings, sold one for cash, went to a few art exhibits for inspiration, enjoyed a few beach days with Norman, and helped Joyce build shelves. Phew! All of this has made the transition from working a full job to not working a full job easier. And, it does not feel like I am not working a full job. I am just as exhausted come nightfall.

Maggie saying "hello"
I completed Maggie, my eighth dog portrait. I am ready to design a website to sell my work. People love their pets. I can do this. After one dog portrait, I could say I am a painter. After eight dog portraits, I can say I paint dogs. Right?

I felt so grateful to be able to work in my own art studio this month, perfecting the details of her collar and dog tags with the tiniest brush imaginable. Maggie's eyes shined brightly on the canvas and her fur seemed soft and real. She was coming alive for me and I was living my dream.

Maggie is now signed and framed, and lives in her new home with the Bubers, along with the real Maggie Goldstein.



Here are my eight completed dog portraits, all painted with love and hopefully displayed with just as much affection in the many homes they live in. My Murray, you are next.

Commissions are open! Contact me...
Blevine129@gmail.com






Pictured:
Maggie the cockapoo
Dave the beagle
Zoe the poodle/shih tzu mix
Harley the havanese mix
Princess the poodle
Hannah the shih tzu
Babs the shih tzu (with Norman the husband)
and Tattoo (some kind of white fluffy dog?)





No comments:

Post a Comment